Monday 26 September 2011

Hatty-lishious! (no mercury involved)

Yeah..I just had to..tiny Alice in wonderland/ hatmaking joke there...
Anywaay! 
I'm now (fingers crossed) finished with my Victorian outfit! Yeeei! except one minor adjustment, but a time optimist like me would estimate that to be done..by it self almost! that's how small it is! So I'm now enjoin the feeling of accomplishment. I have no pictures yet, but I can say: I've literally broken parts of my fingers, but it looks amazing!

What I do have pictures of though is the last piece of it all, the hat. By it self it could have been better..but it just goes so awesomely with the rest of the outfit. It gives it a more damaged look in a way. And since you've all seen my inspiration...

my new olded-down books

And speaking of damaged, I "simply must" include one more thing! As the bohemian artist he is..and knows me to be..my husband made me my favourite book: the picture of Dorian Gray. I just love that book! And, awesome as he is, he even made me the book Dorian reads IN the book! It is one called a Rebours..so far thats pretty much all I know.

To add to the awesomeness, he also pointed out that these books are very much in line with my current project, the Victorian dress! My only regret is that I didn't marry him sooner! No I'm just joking. I'm kind of enjoin the thought of having a child born out of wedlock. 


I'm sure Dorian Gray would approve.

le Lit by Toulouse Lautrec..this picture doesn't really have anything to do with the rest..I just really like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment