Friday 16 September 2011

...Fucking bitch sleeves from hell..!!

I am now at the end of my Victorian outfit. I have a message for you. Sleeves are evil.

..BAD vs EVIL..


It is kind of a known thing in the seemstress-comunity it seems that sleeves are bitches, but I have now spent a day (all of it!) trying to fit my sleeves onto the bodice..it's now 1 am and, aside from that my blog is totally fucking with me in a bad way, I've given up..for now. 
yeah..that's me right now too..
Problem is that they look fine and fit fine pinned on..until I sew them on and try it..then it's all wrong again! and I didn't even change anything!? I'm starting to suspect there's a spiderman-looking super villain hiding in my closet (I will call you "dr.Sleevil", 2 evils in one) and twisting my sleeves around when I turn around..he's been following me around for years now. Sleeves has always been my weakness.

just don't look at the hat!
Then again, I thought, looking at the pictures of the era..they do kind of look exactly like I feel in my off twisted sleeves.. like they have their arm stuck in a tightly wrinkled condom. And then I'm not even mentioning the body..!

But since this is my dress, I'm wanting to take the best bits from the 1870's and -80's..and in the end there might be very little from the -80's..more like the 1880's look like in modern films! Because it might just turn out that I knew it all along..every -80's is fugly.
But there are some nice things in it too, so maybe I'll just wait and see...

..lastly...Sleeves are evil and they make me want to join a group like this one. 



 Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment