Friday 16 January 2015

Zic-Zac away!

This week the kids were dressing up as superheroes. Lus designed it him self and 1½ week later, thadaa! 


Turns out making the imaginings of 6 year olds can be tricky. It also turns out that I hate making superhero costumes. There's a sense of ridiculousness about it that seems to really appeal to small children (and grown men) that I can't quite figure out. It's like Justice league one day sat down and said: Right! where can we find colour that don't go together that also show off my crotch. And symbols! we need symbols!

Anyway..in the end I did think he looked pretty cool for a superhero. 

the lion sidekick had to stay home.
A green, gold and black superhero costume with flashes on it! Superhero-powers: running fast and flying. I'm especially pleased with the boots, the shoulder cape and the lady gaga make up! Boots just because they were so much easier then I had thought, just cut out a boot shape from felt, sew it up and glue on to some primsoles. The shoulder cape because it will stop me worrying that he's getting strangled all day. And the make up because..come oon that's so cool, a paint-on mask!
Then I sent him to his dad for his symbol painting, a broken heart with a flash coming out of it. I wonder where he got that from... (no really, I can't believe he came up with that)
Last but not least he got a belt with his superhero name on it. 


Now, Lus is happy! and I'm happy it's over!


No comments:

Post a Comment