Sunday 29 September 2013

Autumn is here!

 

After having mourned the loss of my summer it was kind of nice to wake up to the realities of the British autumn. While at this time 2 years ago I was lighting fires and brushing the frost off my bike in the morning, now  the leaves are barely yellow.. 
So today Lus and I put on our knitwear and scarves and took a walk through the streets of Maidstone, on a quest for "red berries". 

 
Aside for the pride I feel over my child's newly acquired skill of swinging, I also feel hopeful that I'll get my autumn doorway done this week! It's a small thing but you know what they say...it's the small things in life. (They also say the devil is in the details, but I'm ignoring that for now! Vanity, here I come!)

 Some days ago we made some tin-lanterns and now the rowanberry-beads will join them. 
Tin lanterns were a lot harder to make then they look! It was supposed to be mine and Lus project but after possibly even a minute my husband had to step in and be manly with a hammer...slight set back there..but it turned out to be a lot of fun. In the end we made a star, a heart and a pumkin-face.

The rowanberry-beads were a lot easier. Lus deemed them useless and juicy. For now they hang around in the window...
Now all I have to do is steal that chair in the garden and claim it as mine! and possibly make a pillow and a rug rag.

Lastly, you know that circus picture? yeah, this is what's up with that: I recently got my self some old-lady rollers because, you know, I'm 27 it's time for a change. I wet my hair and put them in... I expected a 40's look..but I looked like those early 20th century carny girls I've seen in Carnivale and Water for the Elephants more than anything. So until my hair grows out, I'm just going to go for that! It's kind of a cool thing anyway and I need to practice my flexibility... Tomorrow the rest of my red silk sheet will become a 30's circus girl dress. If I don't get arrested for assault at the parent-teacher meeting that is (the best I can possibly say about the teacher is that she has a lose grasp of the obvious). Let's hope not!


Red-lipstick-kisses x

No comments:

Post a Comment