Sunday 13 October 2013

It's finished. My box home is finally finished after a couple of days of obsession.. 
 


It did turn out quite like I had in mind..a little tidier actually, but I suppose the full debauchery of 2006 would be hard to recreate in a box..at least when it comes to the dirt and crowdedness!

 

I decided not to include people after all. Turns out that my past home contained a lot more people than a simple shoe box could hold, so instead I went for hinting at the existence of people. For instance, notice the shoes that's been taken off on the way to the bed ( no shoelaces?) and the drenched petticoats on the hanger.. Both beds are unmade, one possibly being slept in right now, the other just a blanket and pillows on a mattress, dirty and thrown around... Someone didn't have the time to finish breakfast beside the bed. There is an iron being heated on the stove..no cooking needed for bread and apples!
 
In a way, more than anything else, this reminds me of those moments when I stumbled, exhausted and hungry, into my rarely empty flat..ate my noodles and fell asleep. Some hours later waking up to live the rest of my life. It's very much a Victorian styled idealization of my own long gone past..It's my point of view.



It is a past that made me. I did love it..but I am so happy it is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment