Monday 28 October 2013

October 28th. Halloween countdown.

It is finally here! Halloween, my favourite holiday. I have been in the mood since Lus asked for a ghost costume and I started watching Great British Ghosts and that is a long time for a goldfish such as my self!

But starting today, with the help of my lovely boys, the Halloween preparation can begin..

If only I had a real witched brush, because today has been a backbreaking cleaning day. In a way it feels ironic to sweep away the real spider web from the windows just to be putting fake spider web in them the next day, but I still did. Washing, dishing, sweeping, jar collecting and looking for inspiration...

Tomorrow we will be going trough what there is aand putting ghoulish things out. So far it is mostly about decorating, Lus already has two different costumes and I will have to improvise sometime during this four day countdown...looking over at my husband there in the kitchen wondering how far I can take this costuming idea of mine...!

But anyway, this is, so far, my favourite inspiration for the spooky night.  





Countdown fact nr. 1:

Being scary at Halloween is to scare away the spirits that come trough when the veil between the living and the dead is the thinnest at this very night...dressed up the ghosts will not recognise you and you will live to see another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment