Friday 27 September 2013

Dreams vs. Responsibility

Let's just be serious for a moment. What is the right thing to do? Yesterday I realised that now (this is way too soon!) is the time I should start to teach my son about the rules of society versus the right thing to do.. and today it was brought up about my own life. 

I'd be a very different teacher!

Haven't I given enough? Haven't I been strong enough for now..? I want to follow my own dreams now. I want to be free to be weak and do the impossible. I want to follow my domestic and artistic dreams.. 

Then my friend turned to me and said, " I wish you could be my child's teacher. You have such insights when it comes to children and these things, you should really think about it."

And I knew it would be the right thing to do.

Damn that right thing!

For now I am going to make a selfish decision ..as far as I can..but it will haunt me to now do the right thing..



No comments:

Post a Comment