Wednesday 25 September 2013

Christmas fair in the air!

So yes, even if it's still a long time until Christmas I have this idea: I want to go to a Christmas fair. And not as in just going and freezing and looking and buying a lollipop (yes, that is my usual experience) and then go home, I want to be one of the people who sell stuff. 

I know I have never been much of a sales person..God knows I hate grumpy costumers and smiling..but I'm going to now wonder, MAYBE I hated it so much because I had to. Maybe it was the angry people I couldn't understand, early hours in a cold shop by my self eating dry bread and carrying things almost my own weight just to make enough money to keep my one room and buy my dry bread. It was the best I'd had at the time, but maybe... Maybe now it would, like so many things, be like a different world all together? 10 years and new countries make a lot of difference.

What I'd really want to do is have my own fabric and costume shop and live on top of it..already have potential places picked out..but for now I'd absolutely love to be at a Christmas fair!

Just a working title, but you get my point
I did go once with my mother in law, but I think I could do better a second time. It's not as easy as it sounds in my head unfortunately. Right now I'm still looking for different fairs, building up the courage to call/e-mail people and figuring out how to get around without a car. Hopefully this is early enough..

The easy part about this is what to actually sell if I get out there! Aside for the little dolls I already have I want to make the street children I've had in mind now for a while.. and of course, there is my fascination for making adult clothes in children's sizes and all things Victorian. 

Right now though I feel a bit like a Cinderella looking out through the window dreaming ridiculous dreams..



Here's to hoping!


No comments:

Post a Comment