Wednesday 20 November 2013

All my pretty things. (or, the arrival of Elsa!)

Last Thursday I got two things I had really been looking forward to.. A weekend visit from my childhood best friend (which is far too close to my heart to be shared with strangers on the internet) and my new non-human friend, Elsa. Yes, I named her Elsa. 

Elsa is my new dressmakers mannequin. She arrived on Thursday morning, when I was in the shower..obviously...had to sign for her...of course..and after my weekend of catching up I dressed her for the first time and it. was. awsome. Now I can start making things again!! My mind explodes with creativity! (the wine probably helps..) 

I already made some things to try out, aside from the skirt that's already old (but still cool!). First thing was to fit the corset I made some months ago with some new bones at the back and lace it up..still needs some changes but so far its looking nice.. And then there's the hooded cape! I made it for halloween as a 'just in case'-thing but never wore it. One never knows hen one needs a red hooded cape though. 

Then I started looking around... I feel a lot of the times like I do very little creative things now..but actually...it's just in a different form then it used to be. 

So this is a kind-of-collage of my favourite pretty things: 


Every morning when I wake up the first thing I see is my chat noir poster.. I love that poster..can't believe I actually have it.. Then there's my chicken clock that doesn't actually work! and my recycled candle jars and the rice lamp that's really just a scarf...Then I went on a shopping spree (encouraged by my husband and my house-friend, you sneakily encouraging lovelies..) and bought shoes...yes, shoes...and a rosary! and some adorable pictures of Victorian people. 
The pictures in frames are a work in progress, but I like where it's going!

Lastly...some months ago I got the idea of crocheting into my head...those lumps are supposed to be a shawl and fingerless gloves for my house-friend. Let's see how that goes... 


Greetings from Scandinavia in Maidstone!





No comments:

Post a Comment