Wednesday 2 December 2015

Dickens Christmas fair!

3 days to go! I have all of mine and most of my familys things ready for dressing up..and my friends almost kitted out (yes, I DO have all the bits other people need for it too, I love dickens fair!) so now the only thing I need to figure out is my hair. I say "need" in the most 1st world country way possible because we all know there are more important things in this world than my Victorian hairstyle, such as convincing people to stop voting Tory and drive us into a 3rd world war over oil in the middle east (and I can't believe we think of our selves as more modern than other conquering nations and times, how full of one self can one be?) and if I'm evil to let the terrible school system be my sons shitty thing in life that makes him a better person so I don't have to take the blow and...you know..squirrels. But since I don't have much of a say about either of those things I'm gonna stick to the hair.

So! I did find a really helpful blog the other day where a woman did really simple instructions on everyday hairstyles (without loose hair) so I thought I'd try my favourite of those! Turns out..my hair hates staying up. So I made almost the same one with hair wrapped around a bun but then I left some of it down but it looked a little bit tarty so I'm going to try again later today... I did like it though so I might leave it that way anyway! It went well with my little hat.

The thing I like about Victorian hairstyles is that they tend to sweep all the hair out of my face, and that's something I really want right now that my hair is longer than ever! But will see..



No comments:

Post a Comment