Monday 14 September 2015

Wands wands wands...



 I didn't have enormously high hopes that this would work even if I did find it on pinterest, but I though it was kind of fun and worth a try!




For the wand for Lus Halloween costume we needed chopsticks, hot glue, paint and some random beads and buttons. I meant for us to do it together, Lus and I, but I soon realised that letting a 7 year old use the hot glue gun might be a form of child endangerment sooo he had to stick to supervising and directing. To make it fair I got one wand and he got the rest. 
So! I glued on the beads and button and went on to make a glue base and pattern on the chopstick. Turns out hot glue really doesn't want to stay still so we had to blow on and spin them until it cooled down. Some of them got sprinkled with nail art sprinkles because..why not.
I must say though, it did look promising.


After it had dried we painted them in a base colour, 2 black a brown and a green one, and left them to dry. You can clearly see where I wussed out and held the wand in one end while Lus went all the way with the paint!

So finally I painted some details in different colours. I'm not sure if I like them more or less with the details right now but it does make them look more magical! And as long as the child approves that's all that counts. 
Now all that remains is a coat of clear lacquer to make sure it all stays in place.


Magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment