Saturday 26 September 2015

29.

This week when my sons friend asked me how old I am and his mother pulled him away and told him not to be rude I waited a moment..then I leaned down to him and whispered '29'. Even if I feel old and worn in many ways by now 29 isn't all that old, but it is old enough to be proud of!

When I thought about it it hit me..child sized me always thought that 30 was the year people were considered old and properly grown up and..my life is exactly as I imagined it..when I sat by the road side in the Swedish countryside..trough all the hardships and abandonments and uprootings...while meeting all these people that has made my life worth living. Seeing the beauty in the bad and experiencing the freedom of a new world.
During all the disbelief.

Sometimes I can not believe I made it.


 
Next year I will have lived twice as long as doctors once predicted..and man, has it been a cool ride so far!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment