Wednesday 27 August 2014

Finding ones place.

Some days ago I had a strange conversation with someone I barely know. It was strange partly because I'm always surprises me how surprised British people are when I say that this is a country with a very strong class system...but it was also strange because I accidental revealed something obvious but, to me, quite shameful. I have a love/hate relationship with the class system. I know it isn't good, not in an objective way..and I do not believe in the separation of people or property before people...at all. But as if by accident..I fell in exactly where I had always wanted to be. Like a puzzle piece that had never fitted. I secretly love that I was lucky..in the puzzle of the British class system I am the lucky one. And for a little while..that is kind of nice.

But for a long long time I've been simulating that in my dollhouses, I think. That feeling of calm excitement when environment and person just fits perfectly together. They do say you always want what you can not have..maybe I just wanted to belong all this time. Maybe. Definitely.

So now that my latest (and awsomest) house is all finished I'm letting my dolls have a peek! It was the child that first suggested it but I must say..I quite like moving them around the house! It's like they are checking it out...



I have two of my main dolls finished since 2 last night...a little boy almost finished. One of them I just made like I like it so that will have to be me...then comes a sister. A mixture of my real sister and my soulsister I would say... And soon to be finished a little Lus.



To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment