Sunday 7 July 2013

..yo ho..yo ho..a pirates life for me...

I clearly remember lying in my bed and seeing this little foot shaped bump stretching out from inside my stomach. With a 50/50 mix of fear and anticipation I wanted to see what kind of person that foot belonged to...and with a dramatic entrance into the world that alien-like feeling inside me turned into a tiny darkhaired sleeping baby. It was a person I didn't know.

 Almost 2 weeks from now that will be 5 years ago. The dark hair has turned into my blond and I can now say that I know this witty, dramatic, thoughtful child of mine. One thing that I do know is his love for pirates!
So for his 5th birthday there will be a pirate party. I must say this will be as fun for me as it will be for him, but in very different ways! My fun has already started with the making of invitations (on coffee stained paper with burned edges of course), a task my soon-to-be 5 year old found exiting for the first one..after that I was on my own. 
Then there was the pirate costume! I suppose as a pirate one can really wear almost anything shabby, but I just had to make a pirate shirt. As always Lus was not too fond of the trying things on (especially just half the costume) but he did do it..for the greater good..? There is just something about dressing children as adults that appeal to me so that's what I'll be doing this time too! If he will let me that is. It appears the child has a mind of his own..!


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment