Monday 17 August 2015

It's growing on me


For weeks now I've been eyeing my Victorian stripy dress. I just couldn't bring my self to wear it, partly because it threw off my self perspective and partly because I don't actually like new things. I used to let my sister walk my shoes in and I kind of like the softness of used fabric.. and I knew this would have that "never been washed" feeling. Stiff and unyielding. 
But this morning I did it! 
After a day of relative comfortableness I don't really want to take it off.  I think the thing I found most uncomfortable is that these clothes come with a different movement pattern that I am now unused to. The fabric pulls in a way that one would normally think is because it doesn't fit and you kind of do want to use a chair instead of stretching..not to mention you swipe down everything low standing. Victorian clothes comes with a different restrictions but when you eventually sink into it..one can totally play hide and seek in a buttoned up bustle-skirt dress! and it becomes sort of..comforting.
I've heard the same said about corsets but I still haven't gotten that far.. Luckily today has been a colder than usual day so its been nice having my skirt layers around my legs. 

But! time to unbutton and go to bed. 

Lastly, I really want to try this: hat making. Late night excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment